- Thick-glass beer mugs used at historic McSorley's Old Ale House in New York City
- Measures 5 1/2-inches tall and weighs 1 1/2-pounds; Capacity 8 1/2 ounces
- Frost in the freezer before serving; keeps beer at ideal temperature
- Authentic McSorley's glasses available to the home bar for the first time
- Exclusive Gift Box Collection makes the ideal gift for beer lovers
Drinking from the Authentic McSorley's Beer Mug Feels Like a Trip Back in Time.
The undisputed champion of New York City drinking institutions is an ancient taproom called McSorley’s Old Ale House, serving house-brand ale in sparkling, heavy-handle glass mugs, two-at-a-time. John McSorley founded the bar in 1854, calling it the Old House at Home. He changed the name in 1908, after his old signboard blew down.
Since then McSorley’s has seen a long line of famous patrons such as Teddy Roosevelt, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe Kennedy, Woody Guthrie, Mickey Mantle, John Lennon and JFK. President Abraham Lincoln is rumored to have paid McSorley's a visit, and E.E. Cummings even wrote a poem about the bar.
Double-fisters take note: Beers come 2 at a time McSorley's, served exclusively in these handsome 8 1/2-ounce glass mugs, now available for the home bar. Instructions for frosting: If the mug is fresh from the dishwasher, let it cool before frosting. Place the mug in the freezer. Choose the coldest section, and allow room for air to circulate around the mug. Leave the mug in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, until an even layer of frost builds up on the surface. Remove, fill with your favorite beer, and bottoms up!
Offering a Gift Box Set of 2 McSorley's Beer Mugs, for keeping or giving.