- Set of 4 Mad Men-era shot glasses with Toots Shor signature logo
- Design recaptures the original shot glasses used at Toots Shor's New York restaurant; presented in handsome Gift Box
- Holds or measures 1.5 ounces of spirits or liquor, either drunk straight from the glass or poured into a cocktail
- Dishwasher safe; toughened to withstand the rigors of a professional bar
- Thick glass at the base meant to absorb the shock of being slammed on a table or bar
Toots Shor’s Signature Little Chalice.
Toots Shor was an original. This stout, gregarious palooka reigned over his men’s club and served up food and strong drink with a heaping side of insults and put-downs. More than a host, he was a lord. And the eponymous saloon was his personal fiefdom. He drank with five presidents, golfed with royalty, and became the toast of the town. His gin joint exerted, early on, an almost tidal pull on athletes, writers, radio men, fight promoters, bookies, not to mention actors, pols and Broadway brokers. Shor’s became the mother lodge for assembling after the big prize fights, baseball, basketball and hockey games. There athletes and fans argued and reminisced until the early hours of the morning.
It all had to end, of course. And it did. The tides shifted. The culture changed. But there are still a few ways to recapture this lost-in-a-time-warp view of Toots Shor’s New York saloon. For anyone who seeks a snootful of nostalgia, a time machine view of the past, offered here is a Gift Box Set of 4 vintage Shot Glasses with the Toots Shor logo, just like the originals from the legendary "refreshment stand." The shot glass is Toots Shor’s signature little chalice, its thick glass at the base meant to absorb the shock of being slammed on a table or bar, something that often happened after a drinker consumed its potent contents. They don’t make them like Toots anymore, and they don't make these glasses anymore.